NUR 441: Professional Development: Health Issues and Policies
Upon completion of this course, the student is able to:
- synthesize knowledge from nursing, humanities, sciences, and the arts as a basis for a personal philosophy of professional nursing.
- discuss and describe the image of nursing in society and the effect of this image on professional nursing practice.
- describe the impact of economic, social, ethical, political and legal issues on the delivery of holistic health care.
- describe the role of nursing in relation to present and future delivery of holistic health care.
- articulate concepts of effective nursing leadership and management in the delivery of holistic health care.
- develop the skills and career planning perspective necessary for professional nursing practice.
- describe how global health issues impact on local health care delivery.
- describe professional nursing behaviors that are guided by ethical principles and human caring.