NUR 315: Therapeutic Communications
Upon completion of this course, the student is able to::
- describe the components of human communication.
- assess, identify and alter various interpersonal communication patterns.
- describe the impact of the student's own uniqueness (perceptions, values, and culture) on the communication process.
- describe the use of self as a therapeutic tool for the provision of holistic nursing care.
- describe the components of the nurse-client relationship.
- describe the effect of interpersonal processes essential for the provision of holistic nursing intervention.
- apply therapeutic communication as an intervention strategy with clients/families and colleagues.
- utilize a variety of communication modes in the activities of the professional nurse.
- describe effective communication techniques for use in small groups such as families, groups of clients and other health care members.