Accelerated B.S. in Nursing Program Applicants
Accelerate your path to success in nursing.
The Accelerated B.S. in Nursing Program is intended for those who already hold a bachelor’s degree but are not already in the field of nursing. All prerequisite courses do not have to be completed before applying, but should be completed before you begin the accelerated nursing program at Adelphi.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- C+ or higher in all prerequisite courses
- A grade of C+ or better must be achieved in all prerequisite science courses. Students who receive less than a C+ in one required prerequisite science course may repeat that course. Any student who receives below a C+ in more than one prerequisite science course would not be eligible for the Accelerated program.
- Three professional references
- Personal statement
- Interview for qualified candidates
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II (within 10 years)
- Microbiology (within 10 years)
- One semester of Inorganic Chemistry and One semester of Organic Chemistry, or CHEM 109 (within 10 years)
- Developmental Psychology
- Genetics (within 10 years)
- Nutrition (2-credit nursing course)
- Pathophysiology (within 10 years)
- Applications will not be considered until all the essential materials, including transcripts, have been received in the Office of University Admissions.
- A $40 application fee is required.
- The applicant is responsible for verifying that the Office of University Admissions has received all materials.
- Late applications will be considered on a space available and case-by-case basis.
- Eligible applications will be reviewed by the College of Nursing and Public Health and qualified candidates will be selected for a personal interview.
The deadline for applications is January 15 for admittance to the following summer cohort that begins in May. All prerequisite courses must be successfully completed by the time applications are submitted, but we are available to advise what those requirements are to get you going.
All financial aid for students at Adelphi is processed through the Office of Student Financial Services located in Levermore Hall, lower level. Financial aid may available be in the form of grants, scholarships, outside awards or loans.