B.S. in Nursing Degree
Provide specialized care with our bachelor’s of science in nursing.
Preparing leaders for one of the most in-demand professions in the nation—the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics expects nursing jobs to increase 26 percent by 2020—our B.S. in Nursing helps meet that demand. Our program provides nurses with the knowledge and skills to assume influential roles in healthcare that extend beyond traditional practices and healthcare facilities. Our graduates possess the expertise, values and vision to serve their communities as highly qualified caregivers and leaders in the profession.
We also offer the Accelerated B.S. in Nursing Program program for people changing careers and the R.N. to B.S. in Nursing program specifically for registered nurses.
Throughout the B.S. in Nursing curriculum, you will learn concepts relating to the promotion of health, care during illness and long-term care.
As a graduate, you will be able to:
- Plan and/or provide patient-centered nursing care that contributes to safe and high-quality outcomes.
- Apply critical thinking skills in implementing the nursing process.
- Respect cultural diversity and the uniqueness of all individuals.
- Apply evidence-based knowledge from nursing and the sciences as the basis for practice.
- Integrate informatics and communication technologies to improve patient care outcomes.
- Exhibit professional role development.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with patients and families and as a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
» View course requirements for the B.S. in Nursing